Everyone is a super hero
Technology is the future, and the future is here now! It seems every kid these days has some sort of mobile device. Whether that’s a good or a bad thing, everything has different opinions, but I think it’s here to stay so we’d better embrace it before we’re left behind!
If you’ve got primary school aged children you’ll know all about “Book Week” – a celebration of how books light up our world. The last book week in our household, my boys went as Zac Power – a twelve year old boy who is a special agent with the GIB (Government Investigation Bureau), and Zac’s adventures frequently see him saving the world. Upon dropping the kids off at school it was lovely to see the effort that many kids (and their tireless parents) went to – Cinderella, Elsa from Frozen, Harry Potter, The Cat in the Hat, and a super hero everywhere I looked!
What is it that makes super heroes so special?
Why is it that whenever there’s a dress-up party my kids want to be Spiderman or Batman? This got me thinking about business. We are actually all super heroes! There are the obvious ones like police, nurses, doctors, fire fighters and teachers. And all the mum’s and dad’s out there running their businesses – contributing to the community and making a better future for themselves and their family.
You may not realise it, but we’ve all got our own special super power – fixing a blocked drain, cutting somebody’s hair, running an investment portfolio, selling widgets, keeping the finances in order, running a retail outlet, etc.
Super heroes need super gadgets (technology)
All super heroes need super gadgets that make their job easier – Zac Power has a Spy-Pad, Spiderman has web shooters, Wonder Woman has the Lasso of Truth, Batman has the Bat Pod. Technology is a great Super Gadget! What super gadget do you have in your business that makes it easier to get things done?
- Accounting management – Xero
- Bills management – Receipt Bank
- Customer management – Capsule CRM, Survey Monkey, Salesforce, Mail Chimp, Insightly CRM
- Project management – WorkflowMax, Tradify, ServiceM8, Actionstep, Cliniko
- Time tracking management – TSheets, Deputy, Tanda
- Reporting management – Spotlight Reporting, Fathom, Futrli
- Point of Sale management – Vend, Square, Kounta
- Digital signing solutions – DocuSign, Adobe eSign
- Cloud sharing solutions – Dropbox, SugarSync, Hightail
- Remote Login solutions – LogMeIn, TeamViewer
- Social media platforms – Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Periscope. Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
- Social media management – HootSuite, MeetEdgar
- Inventory management – Unleashed, DEAR Inventory
- People management – Employment Hero, KeyPay
- Document management – Hubdoc, SuiteFiles, G Suite
- eCommerce solutions – Shopify
- Payment solutions – Stripe, PayPal
Do you see a common theme here? This is all software. Technology enables businesses today to collaborate with a number of different platforms, and we’re no longer office bound.
Who’s your super hero sidekick?
Even super heroes need sidekicks – Batman had Robin, Captain America had Falcon, Wonder Woman had Wonder Girl. Who’s your business sidekick, keeping you on task and helping you get the job done?
- Financial adviser
- Industry association
You can have more than one sidekick – in fact, it’s probably ideal if you do. Having people work with you means you don’t have to be an expert in every area of your business. It allows you to focus on what’s important, and what you’re passionate about. It’s also a great way to be held accountable and to see things from a different perspective.
Your mission, if you choose to accept it
Here’s your mission:
- Consider what your super power is.
- What technology super gadgets can you implement?
- Who is your super hero sidekick?
Technology is revolutionising the way we do business – it’s time to revolutionise your business! Here’s how we can help.